Fluke Networks announced the international launch of two new software-based versions of the company’s wireless network testing and troubleshooting solution, AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester for Windows and AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester for Android. Designed for use on Windows 7, Windows 8.x Pro laptops and tablets, and Android smart devices, the new software-based AirCheck Wi-Fi Testers help frontline technicians working for enterprises, carriers and residential Wi-Fi service providers quickly solve basic wireless network problems the first time, which prevents costly rework and repeat visits.
While many of today’s frontline network technicians serve as first responders for collecting wireless survey data and validating or troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks, they are frequently ill-equipped with freeware or low-end tools that don’t provide complete data, lack capabilities to validate end-user application performance, and fail to collect real-world throughput measurements. These technicians also lack the experience to operate more advanced tools designed for wireless engineers. These issues often lead to error-prone analysis, repeat site visits or problem escalation to senior engineers—all of which reduce customer satisfaction and increase support costs.
Capabilities of AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester for Windows and AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester for Android include:
· A clean, intuitive interface that helps technicians get up to speed quickly
· Detailed, yet easy-to-comprehend visualisations that go beyond measuring basic signal strength to measuring true network connectivity and application performance to understand users’ experiences on the Wi-Fi network
· Visual floor plans that show overlays of coverage and performance of the network, allowing technicians to identify and prevent potential problem areas
· A comprehensive view of the entire Wi-Fi environment, including networks, access points, clients, smart devices and channels
· Single-click, pass/fail assessments of common applications such as DNS, Ping, FTP download, streaming video and audio
The Windows and Android-based AirCheck Wi-Fi Testers support development of standard workflows to help organisations track and then improve the efficiency of all frontline validation and troubleshooting activities. These solutions also provide comprehensive reporting capabilities that make it easier for frontline technicians to share information about network performance and configuration when escalating problems.
For advanced wireless analysis, technicians can export collected site survey data to AirMagnet Survey PRO for design/application readiness verification and reporting. They can also escalate complex issues by capturing packets for further analysis by AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer PRO.
“Regardless of platform, our AirCheck Wi-Fi Testers are built to be a first line of defense against the most common Wi-Fi problems,” said Ronald Sens, director of marketing for Fluke Networks. “The new software-based AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester solutions bring the user-friendly AirCheck interface and powerful AirMagnet Wi-Fi software to Windows- and Android-based devices, enabling network technicians to troubleshoot basic Wi-Fi issues right from their device, preventing unnecessary escalations, costly rework and excessive downtime for end users.”
AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester for Windows is now available on Amazon.com, and AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester for Android will be available in summer 2014.